EWP hosts this event annually in October as part of national Domestic Violence Awareness Month. For 45 years, Every Woman’s Place has led this community in responding to and healing the wounds of domestic violence.
Every year, we meet more than 1,000 survivors of abuse and assault where they are in the wake of trauma. We follow the emergency with the daily work of healing and empowering survivors with counseling, victim advocacy, legal advocacy, job training and financial literacy, and the personal support to break the cycle of power and control that leads to intergenerational violence.
Please join EWP in support of freedom for each of us–man, woman, youth, child–to move through life without abuse. Help us help heal those who have had the courage to choose freedom from fear. Together, we can strengthen their voices. Together, we can change lives.
Our live event is has just a few remaining tickets available…so you can still be a part of an evening of glamour and doing good! Plus, this year’s Power of the Purse will be broadcast LIVE on MuskegonChannel.com.
When you donate to EWP as part of this year’s event, yo will be entered into one of our two drawings!
- Every $25 one-time pledge (or better) will be entered into our drawing for 1 of 3 $25 gift cards to Ted’s in Spring Lake
- Every recurring pledge in any amount will be entered into our drawing for 1 of 3 $250 Meijer gift cards
Both drawings will be on Facebook Live on at 12:00 noon on October 9, so pledge by 9:00 am on October 9, and follow our Power of the Purse Facebook page at facebook.com/changingpurseschangeslives.
Join us…because #changingpurseschangeslives! Click the Make Pledge button to make your pledge, then choose your pledge amount on the Pledges tab.
Support the Power of the Purse
Event Sponsorships–respond by September 18 for full sponsor benefits!
Our sponsors this year will be treated to an exclusive event atmosphere, since restrictions limit our total attendee count. So don’t miss out on our front-row-but-socially-distant seats for the highlight of the evening: a live auction of luxury purses modeled by prominent male community leaders. Our message is clear: violence against any individual based on their gender, their sexual orientation or identity, their race, ethnicity or cultural roles is violence that hurts us all…in our workplaces, in our schools, in public and private spaces.
Mobile Auctions Sponsorships–sponsor through October 6!
Only a few more sponsor seats are available due to a limit of 100 persons in the venue, but UNLIMITED sponsorships are available for our Power of the Purse Mobile Auctions. Your support is critical for the work EWP does responding to domestic and sexual violence in our community–thank you for helping us help heal.
We are actively seeking donations of new purses only for this year’s event. To reduce the spread of Coronavirus in our community, no used purses, jewelry, luggage, or accessories will be collected. We will not offer a Deals & Steals component for this year’s event. To donate a great purse for Silent Auction packaging, please contact us at email@example.com.
Add to the excitement by donating unique items to be paired with purses at auction, including gift certificates, vouchers, services, or goods. Download our Silent Auction Donation Form. Want to help, but need an idea? Pick from our wish list here!
This year we are able to open bidding to virtual attendees outside of our event venue—so sign up today to participate in our:
- Live Auction of Luxury Purses modeled by prominent men in our community during a fun and fabulous fashion runway show
- Silent Auction featuring local services and products
Watch this how-to video for registering on your laptop, or this how-to video for registering using your mobile phone. You can also follow the instructions below:
- Download the Givi app on your mobile device—it’s free and available on Google Play and the App Store.
- Register for the EWP auctions (free!) at bit.ly/purse-auction-20, and choose one of our packages:
- LIVE EVENT participant….got a ticket for the live event on October 8? Register for the Live Event package
- VIRTUAL participant….choose this package if you are attending the event virtually from home or office…you’ll be watching free on MuskegonChannel.com
- When you get your registration confirmation code (in your e-mail or on the confirmation page), enter the code in the Givi app to access the auction.
Bid, receive updates, and be a part of an evening of glamour and doing good!
2020 Exceptional Advocacy Award – Nominations now closed
Every Woman’s Place will recognize a Muskegon community member for their dedication to victims and survivors of domestic violence with the Exceptional Advocacy Award.
Don’t miss this exciting evening! Join us at Fricano Place Muskegon on October 8. Doors open at 5:30 pm for Silent Auction, with the purse runway show and Live Auction at 6:25 pm.